Acting on a proposal by Sister Barbara Hance, the Federal Building on the corner of Main and Water Street was leased to Emmaus (uh-may’-us) by the Housing and Urban Development Corp. under the Stewart B. McKinney Homeless Assistance Act. The Emmaus Center opened its doors to its first residents on February 25, 1992. The building was built in 1935 and is in need of on-going repairs and upgrades. The Emmaus Homeless Shelter works constantly to keep the building up to code.
Sister Barbara Hance and Sister Lucille MacDonald
Mary J. Boylan, Director
Alice Grindle, Assistant Director
Mary Jack, Office Manager
Stacey Herrick, Housing Navigator